CELEBRATING 125 YEARS
If our clients can imagine it,
we can build it.
We are a true builder.
With an international reach spanning more than a century, McHugh is defined by a rich history of excellence and innovation. Every day, we focus on promoting a seamless and positive project experience, driven by a dedication to the success of our clients, our people, our communities and the McHugh heritage.
We approach each project with the same commitment to our core values:
- Customer satisfaction at the heart of everything we do.
- Unwavering commitment to honesty and integrity.
- Highest respect for our clients and colleagues.
- An innovative and creative environment.
- Everyone home safely, every day.
No idea is too big, too small or too challenging for McHugh.
Our team of imaginative leaders will get the job done on schedule and on budget. Fueled by curiosity and eager to explore, we value true partnership rooted in collaboration, allowing our team to roll up our sleeves and get to work.
- Founded in 1897
- 4thGeneration Owned
- More than 130 Employees
- More than 400 Tradespeople
- $2 Billion Bonding Capacity
- Involved in 7 of Chicago’s 10 Tallest Buildings
- Supported over $1.1 billion in green construction in the past five years
- 80% LEED projects
- 80% Repeat Business
- Named Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017
Across every opportunity, our priority is maintaining the safety and well-being of every person that steps foot on or near a McHugh jobsite.
Through the McHugh Safety and Health Program and Continuous Improvement Program, our team is equipped with the knowledge and skills to perform their job functions safely and create a safe workplace.
Our commitment to safety not only benefits our team, but creates value for our clients, too.
- Industry-leading 0.82 Experience Modification Rate (EMR)
- Proud members of the National Safety Council, Chicagoland Construction Safety Council, American Society of Safety Engineers and Build Safe Chicago.
A Culture of
Diversity & Inclusion
We are building for tomorrow.
Our commitment to supporting a diverse workforce extends beyond our company. We’re working within our communities to create meaningful opportunities for disadvantaged-, minority- and women-owned businesses (D/M/WBE).
- First company in Chicago to include minorities in the ironworkers’ union in the early 1970s
- First company in Chicago to enter a joint venture with a minority contractor
- Regularly exceed minimum requirements for D/M/WBE on our projects
- Established McHugh University in 2016, a free training program for D/M/WBE to learn business best practices
- Partnership with several local and national organizations to strengthen and diversify Chicago’s construction sites:
- African American Contractors Association
- Black Contractors United
- Federation for Women Contractors
- Chicago Women In Trades
- Dawson Tech
- Chicago Urban League
- Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council
- Women’s Business Development Center
We are proud contributors to the communities we help build.
Supporting our neighbors is at the heart of what we do. Whether it’s leading the pro-bono construction of a youth baseball field in Suburban Chicago or representing McHugh at an industry event, we lead with the courage to truly enhance and empower our communities.
- Support more than 75 non-profit and charitable organizations on annual basis
- Actively invest both capital and volunteer hours in the communities in which we operate
- More than 30 years engaged with hallmark industry organizations:
- Chicagoland Associated General Contractors
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI)
- American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC)